Black Beluga Lentils are delicious black legumes with a nutty, and slightly earthy, flavour and aroma. These yummy lentils are fast cooking, and don't require pre-soaking, however, our chef Minako prefers to soak them in water with apple cider vinegar for 6-7 hours to improve their digestive properties.
Asian Beluga Lentil Bolognese with Rice Noodles
Vegan, Gluten Free (optional), Dairy Free
Prep and Soaking Time: 24 hours
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion(150g), chopped
- 100g Beluga lentils* (soak with water to cover plus 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar for 6-7 hours, and rinse)
- 250g Tofu (firm)
- 1 can cherry tomato or regular tomato
- 100g minced onion
- 100g minced carrot
- 100g minced mushroom
- 50g minced celery
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried red chilli
- 3-4 Tbsp tamari sauce*
- 2 Tbsp Miso
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar*
- 1 tsp pink salt*
- Olive oil*
- Your choice of boiled noodles or steamed rice
- Fresh coriander
- Sesame oil
- Red chilli pepper
*Available at Naked Foods
- Freeze tofu for at least 24 hours. Defrost it and put it on your palm and push it from the top with the other palm and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Crumble it to small pieces.
- In a saucepan, place 2 tbsp olive oil, ginger, chilli, and garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant. Add onion and continue to cook until tender. Add another 2 tbsp olive oil and other veggies and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add crumbled tofu and beans and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients and bring to boil. Heat with medium to low flame for 20-25 minutes with a lid. Stir it sometimes as to not burn it. Stir in 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar and season to taste with red chilli, salt, and black pepper.
- Serve with your choice of the noodles and fresh coriander. Drizzle toasted sesame oil and squeeze the lime juice just before eating.
Have you guys made any of our recipes? Share your creations with us by tagging @nakedfoods or leaving a comment below! And don't forget to check out @365cleaneats for more stunning food photos and recipes.