The perfect winter comfort food - this dish puts a twist on a classic, and it's delicious!
Vegan Black and Red Bean Chilli Con Carne
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free (Opt), Nut Free
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes.
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium capsicum, diced
- 250g cooked red kidney beans*
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beluga lentils* (or french lentils*)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil*
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon powder*
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cumin*
- 1/2-1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp chilli flakes*
- 1/2-1 tsp instant coffee
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup*
- 2 tsp pink salt*
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour*
- Saffron rice
- Coconut yogurt
- Fresh coriander
- *Available at Naked Foods
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic with 2 tbsp olive oil for a few minutes. Add zucchini, carrot, and capsicum, and 1 tbsp olive oil and continue to sauté until softened.
- Add cinnamon powder, ground cumin, smoked sweet paprika, hot chilli flakes, salt, and tomato can, bring to boil. Heat over medium to low heat for 30 minutes with a lid.
- Add red kidney beans and lentils and continue to heat over low heat without lid for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp tapioca flour + 1 tbsp water and pour into the dish to thicken.
- Add maple syrup and instant coffee to adjust the acidity. Salt to taste.
- Serve with coconut yogurt, mashed avocado, fresh cilantro, and rice.