What better snack than some simple carrot cake balls. These are super easy to make and so versatile.
Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Makes 15 balls
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 250g fresh carrot, finely grated and squeezed of juice
- 100g dates*, soaked in hot water for 15 min and then drained
- 40g walnuts*, roughly chopped
- 25g desiccated coconut* + more for rolling
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon*
- 250g coconut flour*
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup*
- 30g vegan cream cheese, cut into small cubes (optional)
*available at Naked Foods
Blend dates and rice malt syrup until a paste forms.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into balls.
- Optional: press cream cheese into ball and roll dough until cream cheese is completely covered.
- Roll balls in desiccated coconut.
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.