For when you're pumped for Christmas but not quite ready for the pudding - here's a delicious classic with a festive twist!
Chai Spiced Carrot Slice
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Sugar Free, Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 free-range eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon turmeric chai spice mix (or try a combo of cinnamon and nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place all in ingredients a bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour into loaf tin and cook for 45-55 minutes or until a little skewer comes out clean when you pop it through the middle.
- Cool in tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Stores well in the fridge up to 5 days.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!