The perfect family-friendly dish for parties, starters or as a side!
Chickpea Macadamia Raddichio Cups
Recipe by Brittany Darling, Accredited Nutritionist + Herbalist.
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar Free.
Overnight soak, 15 minutes prep, 40 minutes cooking.
2 cups of dried chickpeas*
- 1 cup of soaked macadamias*
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil*
- 1 radicchio lettuce
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt*
- 1 tsp sumac*
- 1 tsp cumin*
*available at Naked Foods
MethodChickpeas & Macadamias:
- In separate bowls, cover the chickpeas and macadamias with water and leave to soak overnight.
- Drain and add chickpeas to a pan of boiling water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas and macadamias.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add half the chickpeas (1 cup) to a food processor with the macadamias, garlic, lemon juice, olive and a pinch of salt. Blitz until everything is well combined and has a paste-like consistency.
- Add the remaining chickpeas (1 cup) to a lined baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and then season with the sumac, cumin and some salt. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and crunchy looking.
- Wash the radicchio and remove a few of the leaves, being careful not to tear the leaves.
- Add a heaped tablespoon to each lettuce cup, gently pressing it onto the bottom of the leaf and the top with the cooked chickpeas and fresh parsley.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!