A nutritious and tasty lunchbox snack that you can make in 30 minutes flat and store for up to 2 weeks? Look no further than these chocolate hemp cookies.
Chocolate Hemp Cookies
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Paleo
Makes 15 cookies.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil*
- 1 free range, organic egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder*
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder*
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut*
- 1/2 cup hemp flour*
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds*
- 100g choc chips*
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut oil, egg, coconut sugar, vanilla and whisk until creamy.
- Add bicarb, baking powder, cacao powder, coconut, hemp flour, hemp seeds and choc chips and mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon measures, roll into balls place on tray and press down lightly.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, then cool completely on tray.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.