Natural, packaging-free, and cheaper than it's pre-made counterpart - this beard oil is the perfect way to indulge the men in your life. Personalise the scent and you've got a completely unique gift!
What You Need
All beard oils need two key ingredients - a carrier oil and essential oils. The carrier oil makes up the majority of the beard oil, with essential oils added for their scent and beneficial properties.
You can choose a single carrier oil or blend a combination. Here are some of our favourites:
- Jojoba oil: is similar to natural human oils and is easily absorbed by your skin. (Shop Jojoba oil here).
- Argan oil: makes skin softer and protects against signs of aging, like wrinkles. (Shop Argan oil here).
- Coconut oil: one of the best natural moisturizing and hydrating products on the planet, great for dry environments (you'll need to melt you coconut oil before mixing). (Shop coconut oil here).
- Hemp oil: another moisturizing oil, hemp oil helps prevent facial hair from becoming brittle. (Shop hemp oil here).
Different essential oils offer different benefits and scents, and this is where you can have the most fun! Play with combinations to develop your own personal blend.
- Cedarwood: woody scent, helps prevent acne and stimulate hair growth.
- Eucalyptus: aids again skin irritation.
- Lemongrass: invigorates, like a good aftershave.
- Lavender: beautiful scent, skin detoxing properties, reduces stress.
- Rosemary: stimulates skin cell growth, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peppermint: invigorates and refreshes the skin.
How To Make Your Own Beard Oil
- 2 tbsp carrier oil/s (try 1 tbsp each of Argan and Jojoba oils)
- 2-3 drops of your favourite essential oils
- Mix all ingredients well and keep in a sealed bottle. Enjoy!
Have you made your own beard oil? Share your favourite scents in the comments below!