We love to fill our bodies with organic, natural food - so why should our skin be any different? Just as packaged foods contain nasty preservatives to prolong their shelf lives - the mass-produced creams, serums, masks we use are no different.
So, we make our own for three main reasons!
- We know exactly what we're putting on our skin - natural ingredients, straight from Earth - with no harmful chemicals.
- We can buy our ingredients package free and store our homemade products in reusable jars or containers.
- We get to choose the ingredients that are best for us and specifically for the things we would like to repair.
This shaving butter is great for both ladies and gentlemen, and contains plenty of goodness.
What's In It?
Not only does it smell and taste amazing - cacao butter is one of the best natural moisturisers! Ours is made by pressing raw cacao nibs, which preserves the full vitality of the raw cacao.
Castile soap is one of the best natural and biodegradable soaps. It's made with sunflower and coconut oil and contains no harsh foaming ingredients - making it the mildest and most moisturising of all soap bases!
Jojoba (pronounce ho-ho-ba) oil is a super ingredient on its own! Naturally rich in Vitamins A, D and E, this gentle oil works to regenerate skin cells. Jojoba Oil is naturally gentle and non-irritating, making it perfect for basically every skin type; it balances oily skin, soothes sensitive skin and hydrates dry skin.
This clay is a highly absorbent, swelling clay so it is ideal for drawing oils and toxins away from the skin. It also tightens and tones the skin.
Essential oils have their own unique properties besides just smelling incredible - so feel free to add your favourite oil to the recipe (just be sure to look up whether it is safe for faces).
We would recommend: Peppermint, Spearmint, Orange, Vanilla, Clove (used sparingly), Lavender or Rose.
Zero-Waste Shaving Butter
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- ¼ cup castile soap
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 3 drops essential oil of choice
- Melt the cacao butter in double boiler, gently stir.
- Add castile soap, jojoba oil and clay slowly and stir until all ingredients come together.
- Remove from the heat and continue siring, add essential oil.
- Scoop into jar and allow to cool. Apply a tight-fitting lid.
- Apply to damp skin in a lather, shave and rinse.