Festive snack or salad topper - it's a good thing these moreish walnuts are so quick and easy to make!
Five-Spice Maple Baked Walnuts
Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan
Contributed by Gather & Feast’s Ashley Alexander thanks to Walnuts Australia.
Makes 3 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups Aussie walnuts*
- 5 tbs pure maple syrup*
- 3 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Pinch of chili powder*, to your taste
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
*available at Naked Foods
- In a bowl, mix together the walnuts, maple syrup, five spice, chili, and sea salt, ensuring all of the walnuts are coated evenly.
- Spread the coated walnuts onto a paper-lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, sprinkle with a little more flaky sea salt, and leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, break the walnuts apart and store them in an airtight jar or container. Enjoy as a snack, on salads, porridge, cheese boards, with a drink. They also make the perfect festive snack to have around for Christmas.