If you love chewy cookies with crispy edges these are for you! They’re also vegan, dairy free, egg free, and full of natural, nourishing ingredients. Best part is they are still delicious and satisfying for your inner cookie-monster (we all have one, right?!)
Healthy Almond Caramel Cookies
Recipe by Jessica Thomson, @mindfullyjessica
Vegan, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free
- 3/4 cup almonds*
- 5 medjool dates*
- 1 tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp nut or seed butter*
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar*
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax* combined with 2 tbsp water)
- Pinch sea salt*
- 2 tbsp plain flour* (or replace with cacao powder if you want chocolate cookies)
- 6-8 squares raw mylk chocolate*
- sea salt*, optional
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- In a food processor, process the almonds into a fine meal. Add the dates, maple syrup, nut butter, coconut sugar, flax egg, sea salt and flour. Process until well combined.
- Shape into balls and flatten with damp hands. Place onto a lined baking sheet. Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before drizzling with the raw mylk chocolate (may need to set in the fridge) and sprinkle with salt. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!