Get spooky this Halloween! These healthy Halloween Frankenstein monster bars are perfect to pop in a lunchbox or save for trick or treating. Nut-free, egg-free, gluten-free and dairy-free - they're perfect for almost any kid's dietary needs.
Healthy Halloween Monster Bars
Recipe by Jessica Thomson, @mindfullyjessica
Makes 8-10 bars.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 2-3 hours
Vegan, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free
1/2 cup cacao butter buttons* (65g)
- 4 tbsp rice malt syrup*
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder*
- 2 tsp super greens or matcha powder*
- 3 cups puffed rice* (50g)
- 60g dark chocolate*, to decorate
*available at Naked Foods
In a double boiler, add the the cacao butter buttons, rice malt syrup, coconut sugar over low-medium heat. Stir until the cacao butter is melted and the mixture is combined.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the vanilla extract and greens powder.
- Place the puffed rice in a large bowl and pour over the cacao butter mixture. Mix until completely combined.
- Press into an approx. 20x20 cm tin lined with baking paper. Take an extra piece of baking paper and the base of a glass to press it down firmly.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for a couple of hours. Slice while frozen and return them to the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- To decorate, melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler. Using a piping bag with an extremely fine tip, pipe the mouth and hair onto the crispie bars, as well as a dot onto additional puffed rice for eyes, securing them in place with melted chocolate as well.
- Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy. Keep these bars cool as they will soften in warmer temperatures.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!