If you're looking for a healthy, refined-sugar free snack that you can prepare quickly and easily - look no further than these muffins. They're made with all-natural ingredients - banana, almond meal and coconut flour to name a few. Throw in some vanilla vegan powder (optional) and you've got the perfect workout snack!
Mini Banana Bread Muffins
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Makes 12 muffins.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 75 minutes.
- 100g overripe banana, mashed
- 260ml almond milk
- 100g buckwheat flour*
- 80g almond meal*
- 50g coconut flour*
- 60g natural sweetener* (e.g. coconut sugar, stevia, etc.)
- 40g vegan vanilla protein powder* (optional – or replace with buckwheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vinegar*
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined (batter will be fairly thick).
- Divide batter into muffin tins and cover tin with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 70 min before removing foil and baking for a further 5-10min.
- Check by sticking a skewer in the middle. The skewer should be removed with moist crumbs stuck to it (cake will harden once cooled).
- Enjoy! To store, place in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Optional: top with cream cheese icing, banana and cinnamon.
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.