This simple and delicious salad is the perfect addition to a summer dinner table!
Nectarine & Roasted Walnut Salad
Vegetarian, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten-Free
Contributed by Gather & Feast’s Ashley Alexander thanks to Walnuts Australia.
Serves 6 - 8
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3⁄4 cup Aussie walnuts*
- 4 large handfuls of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 6 fresh nectarines, pitted & sliced into eighths
- 120g goats cheese - you could also use feta cheese or fresh mozzarella
- Aleppo pepper flakes or chili flakes*
- Extra virgin olive oil*
- Balsamic vinegar*
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper*
*available at Naked Foods
- Place a fry pan onto medium heat, add the walnuts, a little drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, and toast until golden, stirring regularly so they don't burn. Remove the walnuts from the heat and set aside to cool. In a
large serving bowl, add the lettuce leaves, basil, mint, and chives, then toss to combine.
- NOTE: Keep aside some small basil and mint leaves to garnish the top of the salad. Arrange the nectarines on top and crumble the goat's cheese. Sprinkle over half of the toasted walnuts. Roughly chop the remaining
walnuts and sprinkle over the top along with the small basil and mint leaves.
- Just before serving drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper or chili flakes and some freshly cracked pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!