They may be the vanillas of the brownie world, but these Banana and Chocolate Blondies are anything but boring!
These blondies are soft and spongey, nut free, guilt free and perfect to pop in lunchboxes.
Choc Banana Blondies
Author: My Clean Treats (slightly adapted)
Nut Free, Vegetarian, Optionally Gluten Free and Dairy Free
- 2 cups wholemeal or whole wheat flour (gluten free flour will also work)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- A large handful of dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a rectangular baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients lightly except dark chocolate chips.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all the wet ingredients together until mixed well and add to dry ingredients. Mix lightly and fold chocolate chips through (Tip: don't overbeat it - just lightly fold the mixture to create the ultimate fluffiness).
- Pour mixture into baking pan and place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and serve hot or cold and you have the perfect blondies – yum!