Lunchbox prep, game on! If you (or your little ones) love chewy muesli bars - these are for you. These nut-free beauties are full of natural, nourishing ingredients - and they'll only take 25 minutes to create.
Nut-Free Muesli Bars
Vegan, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Nut Free
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Recipe by Jessica Thomson, @mindfullyjessica
- 8 large medjool dates*, pitted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup*
- 2 tbsp tahini*
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 cup puffed quinoa*
- 1/3 cup mixed seeds of choice (we’ve used a mix of hemp seeds*, chopped pepitas*, buckwheat*, sesame seeds*, chia seeds* & flaxseed*)
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Blend or process the dates, rice malt syrup, and tahini until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the oats, puffed quinoa, and seeds to the bowl with the date mixture.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the date mixture - it’s messy, but much easier to combine the mixture with damp hands.
- Once the mixture is fully combined, transfer into an approximately 20 x 30 cm tin lined with baking paper. Press it out evenly. Using another sheet of baking paper over the top, press down very firmly to ensure the bars stay together.
- Place in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Optional: drizzle with melted vegan chocolate.