This salad can be your main meal or a tasty side dish - enjoy in the summer!
Pear, Walnut And Chickpea Summer Salad
Vegetarian, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free
Contributed by The Fit Foodie's Sally O'Neil thanks to Walnuts Australia.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas*
- 2 endives, leaves washed and separated
- 1 pear, quartered
- 4 mini zucchini (with flowers a bonus!)
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper* to taste
- 4 tbsp good-quality extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 cup Australian walnuts*
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or goats cheese
- Thai basil (or basil) to garnish.
*available at Naked Foods
- In a large salad bowl, add the chickpeas, leaves, pear and zucchini.
- Toss together with lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Top with walnuts, crumbled cheese and basil. Enjoy immediately.