Christmas table snack or lunchbox treat? We vote both! These delicious bars are simple to make and can stay stored in the freezer for a long time ahead.
Raspberry & Coconut Bounty Bars
Nut Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free
Makes 15 bars.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Setting time: 3+ hours
- 160g coconut cream, refrigerated (white part only)
- 50g sticky sweetener* (rice malt syrup, honey, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder*
- 100g shredded coconut*
- 70g desiccated coconut*
- 35g coconut flour*
- 200g frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar*
- 10g chia seeds*, finely ground
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour*, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 170g dark chocolate*
- 20g coconut oil*
*available at Naked Foods
Combine all coconut layer ingredients until smooth.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper/greaseproof paper and firmly press the coconut layer into the baking tin and freeze whilst making the berry layer.
- Berry layer: Add berries to a pot and heat on low heat for 10min whilst stirring occasionally to prevent burning. This is just to evaporate some of the liquid.
- Add chia seeds and sugar and stir on low until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens.
- Turn heat to high and slowly add cornflour water whilst whisking continuously.
- Cook on high and stir for 1-2 min until mixture thickens.
- Pour raspberry mixture over coconut layer and allow to cool before freezing for 1hr.
- Remove from freezer once raspberry layer is firmer and slice into desired size bars before returning to freezer for another hour.
- Chocolate layer: Add coconut oil and chocolate broken up into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3-4 x 30s intervals, stirring between intervals (or melt in a double boiler).
- Dip bars into chocolate and place in freezer for 5min to firm up!
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.