You guys asked, and we delievered! Here's a delicious raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free caramel slice recipe to keep your heart warm while winter sets in.
It's got cashews and almond butter for a good dose of protein, the coconut oil is anti-inflammatory, and the dates are high in iron and fibre. Sure, they're still indulgent and rich - but your body will seriously thank you for choosing this dessert.
Raw Caramel Slice
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 8-10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the base
- Add cashews and oats to a food processor and process until broken down into a flour-like consistency.
- Add coconut and pulse until well mixed.
- Add dates and brown rice syrup and process until a sticky ball of dough forms.
- Press base into a tin lined with parchment paper and smooth it out evenly with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer while you make the caramel.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor on high until smooth.
- Spread caramel over the base and smooth out evenly.
- Place back in the freezer.
- Make sure coconut oil is completely liquid.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Pour on top of the caramel layer and smooth it out.
- Place in the freezer overnight to set.