The perfect addition to your summer entertaining - simple, sweet and nutritious!
Roasted Carrot, Honey And Candied Walnut Salad
Vegan, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Contributed by The Fit Foodie's Sally O'Neil thanks to Walnuts Australia.
Serves 2 - 4 as a side.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 750g dutch carrots, tops removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- 2 tbsp honey*
- Date syrup or honey, to taste*
- Pinch sea salt flakes*
- Aussie walnuts*
- 2 tsp sesame seeds*
- 2 tbsp pepitas*
- 2 tbsp dried sour cherries*
- Micro herbs of choice (or reserved carrot tops)
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Add the honey and olive oil to a roasting tray and heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove and with a spoon, mix the warm olive oil and honey.
- Add the carrots and toss to coat, then spread evenly across the tray.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the candied walnuts but heating the date syrup or honey in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once bubbling, remove from the heat and stir through the walnuts, ensuring they’re evenly coated.
- Spoon onto a lined baking tray, sprinkle with salt and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- When the carrots are tender, remove and plate with sour cherries, micro herbs, pepitas and sesame seeds.
- Top with candied walnuts and serve!