Think Oreos, but healthier, filled with salted caramel, raw, and super easy to prepare. Need we say more?
Salted Caramel Rawreo Cookies
Nicola Brown - @nourishingnicola
Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy FreeIngredients
- 1 cup almond meal*
- 1 cup desiccated coconut*
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup*
- 6 medjool dates*
- 1 – 2 tbsp raw caca powder*
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup*
- 1/2 cup tahini*
- 1 pinch rock salt*
- 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate (melted)*
- Coconut flakes (optional)*
*available at Naked Foods
- Blend all the cookie ingredients in a high powered food processor until sticky and combined.
- Roll onto baking paper until flat (but still thick enough for a cookie)
- Cut into circles (‘rawreos’) using a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
- Freeze for 30 min while making the caramel.
- Blend all the caramel ingredients until super smooth.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer. Dip half the batch in the melted dark chocolate and dip into coconut flakes (optional).
- Spread 1-2 tbsp. of caramel over the base of the plain cookies and then press the chocolate dipped cookies on top.
- Re-freeze for approximately 2 hours.
- Serve frozen or rest for 10 minutes before eating.