Spiced Pumpkin Quinoa and Maple Nuts
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
Serves 4 as a side.
- 1/4 Japanese pumpkin, approx. 700-800g, sliced into 4 wedges
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon*
- 2 teaspoons olive or melted coconut oil*
- 1/4 cup tricolour quinoa*
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, rocket or baby spinach, finely sliced
- 1/4 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1/2 lemon cut in wedges
- Sea salt and black pepper*
- 1/4 cup walnuts*, roughly chopped
- 14 cup pecans*
- 1/4 cup pistachios*
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup* (if you're after a healthier option, just remove the maple syrup and enjoy the nuts plain).
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil*
*available at Naked Foods
- Heat oven to 220C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin pieces on one tray, sprinkle with cinnamon and oil and toss to coat. Place in oven to cook for 20 minutes.
- Roast nuts on the other tray, by tossing with maple syrup and placing in the oven to cook for 12 minutes. Check halfway for even cooking and toss gently.
- Cook quinoa with 3/4 cup cup water, until absorbed and tender. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve on large platter or tray. Sprinkle half the spanish onion, maple nuts, fresh herbs and cooked quinoa on the base of the tray, top with pumpkin pieces then repeat.
- Pour dressing into a small dish on the side of the platter, season all with sea salt and black pepper and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!