Toast just hit a whole new level! This beautiful plant-based dish is perfect for any meal - topped with creamy sunflower seed cream and smokey tamari mushrooms - it's nutritious, delicious and easy to save for later.
Sunflower Cream Toast with Smoked Tamari Mushrooms
Vegan, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free (optional)
Sunflower Seed Cream:
- 60g raw sunflower seeds* (Soaked 6-8 hours and rinsed)
- 3-4 tbsp water (adjust the amount according to your preference for the thickness of the cream)
- 4-5 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar*
- 2 tsp maple syrup*
- 1/4 tsp pink salt*
- 200g mushroom, cut into quarters
- 1.5-2 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil* (you can also use other plant oils, but we highly recommend using coconut oil for the flavour).
- 4 tsp tamari*
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder*
- Dill or your choice of herbs
- 2 slices bread (GF if you need)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 clove garlic
*Available at Naked Foods
- Place all ingredients for the sunflower seed cream in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add more lemon juice and salt if you desire. Transfer it to a jar and allow to cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, then add coconut oil. Add mushrooms and toss to coat. Continue to cook until they become slightly brown.
- Add tamari and smoked paprika. Continue to heat until all the liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast your bread. Rub a peeled raw garlic clove across the surface.
- Generously spread the sunflower seed cream.
- Pile sliced avocado, smoked mushrooms, and chopped herbs.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle smoked paprika powder to finish.
Have you made any of our recipes? Share your creations with us by tagging @nakedfoods or leaving a comment below! And don't forget to check out @365cleaneats for more stunning food photos and recipes.