This superfood bowl (also known as a Buddha Bowl) is here to answer your lunchbox prayers - it's quick to make, packed with superfoods and DELICIOUS. You can also switch up the ingredients to match your taste.
Superfood Grain Bowl
Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan (Opt), Gluten Free (Opt)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes +
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey* (or maple syrup* for vegan)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil*
- Salt*, to taste
- Pepper*, to taste
- 1/4 cup cooked whole grain such as freekeh*, quinoa*, or brown rice*
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas*
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons Aussie walnuts*
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds*, toasted
- Fresh sprouts or shoots, to finish
- Steam broccoli florets over boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork all over and microwave for 5 minutes until cooked through (you can also bake it instead - allow more time if you are). Once cool, cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: whisk red wine vinegar, honey lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together to combine.
- Assemble bowl: arrange grains alongside sweet potato, broccoli and chickpeas. Top with avocado and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with sesame seeds and sprouts. Serve immediately.