Need an excuse to eat more bliss balls? Put them into these delicious BARS and they're the perfect lunchbox snack. Our friend Arman at @thebigmansworld is an absolute legend for putting these together for us, we hope you love them as much as we do!
- 2 ½ cups organic medjool dates*
- 1 cup raw cashews*
- ½ cup raw almonds*
- ½ cup raw walnuts*
- 1 cup chocolate chips*, divided
- ½ cup mix-ins of choice (Arman used dried currents, dried apricots and sunflower seeds)*
*available at Naked Foods
- In a large bowl, add your pitted dates. Cover with 2 cups warm water and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry to remove excess liquid.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add your cashews, almonds and walnuts and blend until a crumbly texture remains. Do not over blend.
- Add your softened dates and blend well, regularly scraping down the sides to ensure the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of your chocolate chips and your mix-ins of choice and blend once more until just combined.
- Transfer the trail mix bliss bar batter to the lined baking dish and press firmly in place. Refrigerate.
- Once bars are firm, cut into 8 pieces. Melt your remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars.
Leave us a comment below with your favourite mix ins, we'd love to hear your ideas! Or share your creations with us by tagging @nakedfoods on Instagram and don't forget to check out for @thebigmansworld more drool-worthy photos and recipes.