We're very excited to be working with Jess from My Clean Treats to create some drool-worthy recipes. Case in point: this Chunky Hedgehog Slice.
Nutty, chunky, rich and decadent - need we say more?
Chunky Hedgehog Slice
Author: My Clean Treats
Gluten Free, Optionally Dairy Free and Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 2/3 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 100g 70% dark chocolate (leave 30g for the end)
- Line a square baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, rice malt syrup, peanut butter, cacao and dark chocolate. Add the pinch of salt and continue to stir.
- Add all of the crushed nuts and coconut and mix well, you might need to use your hands if it becomes too thick!
- Place the hedgehog mixture into the pan and mould with your hands to your desired thickness, you may need to push up the mixture if you would like it chunkier.
- Let cool overnight and cover with melted chocolate. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes and enjoy! Store in the fridge.