Homemade macadamia milk, creamy nutritional yeast and slowly cooked pumpkin - this recipe is a winter night's dream and perfect to save for lunches, too.
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto With Smoky Roasted Mushrooms
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- 150g arborio (or medium grain biodynamic) rice*
- 100g brown onion, finely chopped
- 100g Japanese pumpkin or butternut squash, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup vegetable stock*
- Macadamia milk (blend 70g macadamia nuts* and 240ml water with high-speed blender)
- 3-4 Tbsp. nutritional yeast*
- Pink salt*
- Black pepper*
- Olive oil*
- 1/4 lemon wedges, to serve
- Chilli oil or harissa oil, to serve
- 10-15 sage leaves, fried, to serve
Smoky Roasted Mushrooms
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil*
- 1 Tbsp. tamari*
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar*
- 1 tsp maple syrup*
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika*
*Available at Naked Foods
Mushrooms (while risotto is cooking)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Toss all mushroom ingredients. Transfer to a baking dish in an even layer.
- Roast it for about 10 -15 minutes, flip and continue to roast 10-15 more minutes. Salt to taste.
- In a saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp. olive and sauté minced garlic and onion until translucent. Add rice, pumpkin, and 1/2 tsp pink salt and continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the hot vegetable stock. Allowing rice to absorb most of the liquid, add it 1/2 cup at a time. Stir frequently. After adding all the broth, add the milk and nutritional yeast and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is al dente.
- Add frozen green peas, and cook it for 30 sec - 1 min.
- Squeeze lemon juice just before eating. Serve with mushrooms, crispy sage, and chilli oil.
Have you guys made any of our recipes? Share your creations with us by tagging @nakedfoods or leaving a comment below! And don't forget to check out @365cleaneats for more stunning food photos and recipes.