This salad is perfect to make in advance - it tastes even better after a day or two - and with pops of green and red, it's pretty much made for Christmas!
Pair it with your choice of protein or serve it as a side - this one has been paired with seared feta (exactly how you'd sear haloumi) - yum!
Cypriot Salad With A Twist
Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegetarian
Serves 8 as a side.
- 1 cup (200g) buckwheat*
- 1/2 cup (125g) barley or brown rice*
- ½ cup (130g) dried mung beans*
- 1 bunch coriander, shredded
- ½ bunch parsley, shredded
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons (25g) toasted pumpkin seeds*
- 2 tablespoons (30g) toasted chopped almonds*
- 2 tablespoons (25g) toasted pistachios*
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- ½ cup (80g) currants*
- 1/4 cup (80g) dried cranberries*
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive*
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste*
- 1/2 cup thick natural coconut or dairy yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin*
- 1 tablespoon honey*
*available at Naked Foods
- Cook buckwheat, brown rice or barley, and dried mung beans in boiling water (separately) until tender.
- Toss with coriander, parsley, red onion, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds, pistachios, baby capers, currants, cranberries, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- Serve, drizzled with dressing and your choice of protein.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!