Winter has HIT! And what better way to spend the cold days and nights than with a warming bowl of one-pot soup? Even better when you know your lentils are extra flavoursome, BPA free, and free of packaging (click here to learn more about why we choose dried lentils)!
French Green Lentil Soup
Recipe by Brittany Darling, Accredited Nutritionist + Herbalist.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan (Optional)
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped into cubes
- 1 generous handful of spinach
- 300g pumpkin or sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 250g soaked french green lentils*
- 1.5L of chicken or vegetable broth*
- 100g nitrate-free pancetta (optional)
*available at Naked Foods
Add the extra virgin olive to a deep pan/crockpot. Bring to medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and let them cook for 5 minutes until golden. Then add in the carrot, celery and pumpkin/sweet potato and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, lentils, and pancetta (if using) to the pan and increase the temperature to medium-high heat. With the lid on, allow the soup to cook for 20 minutes.
- Next, add in the chopped zucchini and a generous handful of spinach. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls with toasted GF bread, sourdough or a side salad.
- This soup freezes really well so is a great option for batch cooking.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!