Whoever said they didn't like winter, has never spent a cool evening with a warm bowl of sticky date pudding. We've put a healthy twist on a classic with this vegan, dairy free and gluten free loaf - and yes, it does taste as amazing as it looks.
Sticky Date and Pecan Pudding Loaf
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Makes 10-12 slices.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
- 100g pitted dates*, soaked in 100ml hot water
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds* + 6 tbsp water
- 150g apple sauce
- 130g coconut sugar*
- 100g chickpea flour*
- 50g almond meal*
- 30g coconut flour*
- 30g vegan protein powder* (pea protein is best to keep it moist)
- 1 tsp baking soda*
- 1 tbsp baking powder*
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: diced dates* and pecan chunks*
- 40g pitted dates*, soaked in 90g hot water
- 15g sugar free syrup* (optional)
- 15g protein powder* (pea protein is best to keep it moist)
*available at Naked Foods
- Pre-heat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Make chia egg by combining ground chia seeds and water. Allow mixture to sit for 10 mins.
- Blend dates and water until smooth paste forms. Combine date paste, chia egg and remaining loaf ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Spread batter into a lined/greased/silicon loaf tin, cover with with foil and bake for 45-50mins. Allow to cool for 10mins before removing from tin.
- To make the glaze, blend all glaze ingredients until smooth and pour over the cooled loaf. Top with pecans and dates.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.