If baking isn't your thing, try out these bites of heaven instead! These raw, vegan and gluten-free hot cross bun truffles are the perfect Easter treat to whip up in your blender in just 10 minutes.
Hot Cross Buns Truffles
Nicola Brown - @nourishingnicola
Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy FreeIngredients
1 cup desiccated coconut*
- 3/4 cup almond meal*
- 1/4 cup oats*
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1 tsp allspice (or nutmeg and ground cloves)*
- Pinch of salt*
- 1/4 cup raisins or sultanas*
- 2 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup*
- 30g dark vegan chocolate*
*available at Naked Foods
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and combine on low speed.
- Add raisins and honey and blend until a sticky mixture forms (if too crumbly, add a dash of water or additional honey).
- Roll into balls and freeze for a few hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate and pour over balls in crosses to look like hot cross buns.
- Enjoy! Keep in fridge or freezer for weeks.