Who doesn't love caramel slice? This delicious version is laden with (sneaky) healthy goodness like tahini, dates and hemp seeds - perfect for lunchboxes or guilt-free snacking!
Check out some more of our favourite lunchbox recipes here.
No-Bake, Nut-free Salted Caramel Slice
Nut Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Makes 16 slices.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Setting time: 4+ hours.
- 170g dates* soaked in hot water for 30min
- 15ml date water (water that dates were soaked in)
- 35g coconut cream, chilled (white part only)
- 10g rice malt syrup*
- 10g hulled tahini*
- 15g coconut oil*, melted
- 55g desiccated coconut*
- 70g coconut flour*
- 15g cacao powder*
- 35g hemp seeds*
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds*
- ½ tsp salt*
- 200g dates*, soaked in hot water for 1hr
- 40g coconut cream, chilled (white part only)
- 25g coconut oil*, melted
- 15g hulled tahini*
- ¼ tsp salt*
- Optional: 20g protein powder*
- 85g dark chocolate*, roughly chopped
- 80g coconut cream
- 15g coconut oil*
*available at Naked Foods
To make base, blend dates, date water, coconut cream, rice malt syrup, tahini and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add remaining base ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Press dough into a lined tin and freeze whilst making caramel.
- To make caramel, blend all caramel ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour caramel over base and freeze for at least 2hrs.
- To make chocolate layer, microwave coconut oil and coconut cream in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute (or melt using a double boiler).
- Add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate over caramel and freeze until solid (at least 2hrs).
- Slice and enjoy! To store, keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.