Say goodbye to sugary, packaged snacks! These delicious, nut-free and refined sugar free cupcakes take about 15 minutes to prep and 30 minutes in the oven. They're the perfect lunchbox treat without the nasties.
Check out some more of our favourite lunchbox recipes here.
Raspberry And Coconut Cupcakes
Nut Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- Chia egg (10g ground chia seeds* + 30g water) or 1 egg
- 200g self-raising flour* (use buckwheat flour* for GF)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 90g apple sauce
- 120g coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 60g granulated sweetener* (e.g. coconut sugar, stevia)
- 120g frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp cornflour*
- 200g full fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight (white part only)
- 30g rice malt syrup*
- 10g beetroot*, acai* or dried raspberry powder
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Make chia egg and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all batter ingredients except cornflour and raspberries until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, cover frozen raspberries with cornflour.
- Gently fold raspberries through batter.
- Divide batter evenly between 6 mini cupcake tins.
- Cover tin with aluminium foil and bake for 20-25min.
- Remove foil and bake for further 5 min.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15min before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Once cool, combine all icing ingredients until smooth and cover cupcakes with icing.
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.