These coconut-y chocolate bars are not only a delicious vegan alternative - they're much healthier than their refined-sugar counterparts.
Coconut & Raspberry Jam Bars
Vegan, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free
Makes 18 bars.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 70g coconut flour*
- 40g almond meal*
- 70g natural sweetener (e.g. coconut sugar*)
- 80g vegan coconut oil*
- 30g vanilla vegan protein* (optional)
- 5g chia seeds*, ground into fine powder
- 30g natural peanut butter*
- 10ml coconut milk
- 200g frozen raspberries, defrosted and drained well of liquid
- 20g natural sweetener (e.g. coconut sugar*, stevia*)
- 10g chia seeds*, ground into a fine powder
- 200g dark/milk chocolate*
- 10g coconut oil*
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all base ingredients until crumb forms.
- Press crumbs firmly into a lined baking tray with the back of a measuring cup.
- Bake for 15-18min or until golden brown and allow to cool completely.
- Blend all jam ingredients together until smooth, and allow to sit for 5min to thicken.
- Spread jam over base and freeze for 1hr.
- Slice bars into desired size and return to freezer.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave at 30s intervals, stirring.
- Use fork to dip bars into chocolate and return to freezer for 5min. Store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen.