Chia puddings are the perfect breakfast, lunchbox and too-tired-to-cook-real-dinner meal, all in one. Even better - this recipe takes 5 minutes to prep and can store in the fridge for up to a week!
Chia seeds themselves pack a nutritious, low-calorie punch - typically containing 20% protein, 34% oil, 25% dietary fibre, plus significant levels of antioxidants.
Super Simple Overnight Chia Pudding
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Nut Free
- 2 cups milk (coconut works best – but any is fine)
- 3tbsp maple syrup* (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder* (or vanilla extract)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds*
- 2 tbsp cacoa* (or cacao*)
- OR 1 tsp mermaid latte*
- OR 1 tsp red velvet latte*
- Seasonal fruit
- Granola or muesli*
- Yoghurt (dairy free option: coconut yogurt)
- Nut butter - optional (we love cashew or almond)*
*available at Naked Foods
- Place all the ingredients into a large jar and shake well.
- Place in the fridge for at least 12 hours (24 is even better).
- Before serving, give the pudding a good stir and sprinkle on your favourite toppings. Pop straight into lunchboxes in smaller jars (plastic might be safer).
- Keep in the fridge for up to one week (depending on milk age)!
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!