It's berry season! Whether you have frozen berries or fresh berries to spare, try this super simple galette recipe to keep you satisfied on summer afternoons.
Super Simple Raspberry Galette
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Nut Free
Makes 6 slices
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour*, chickpea (besan) flour* or GF flour* (150g)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter or vegan butter of choice at room temperature (60g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon*
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar* or granulated sugar of choice (60g)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder*
- 1 tbsp cold water (15g)
- 1/4 tsp salt*
Berry layer ingredients:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted (100g)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup* (30g)
- 2 tsp corn flour* (5g)
- 2 tsp chia meal or chia seeds* finely blended (5g)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (50g)
*available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make base, combine all base ingredients in a bowl until a dough forms.
- Flatten base into a disc shape, wrap in cling wrap and freeze for 30min.
- Flour your surface before rolling dough out into a circle that’s 0.5cm thick and place it on a lined baking tray.
- To make berry jam, microwave 1 cup defrosted berries for 1-2 min or until berries are soft.
- Allow it to cool before adding cornflour, rice malt syrup and chia meal and mix until well combined. Allow to sit for 10min to thicken.
- Spread jam in the middle of the base, leaving 3-4 cm of the edge free.
- Fold edges onto jam and gently press down the folds.
- Bake for 35-40min or until golden.
Sarah Ky - @sarahfitfoodie
Sarah is a physiotherapy student, who has a passion for health and fitness and love for all things sweet. After featuring on MasterChef Junior, at 9 years old, her love for cooking has continuously grown. She now spends her free time creating healthy treats and snacks with an aim to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen