These delicious muffins are rich, not overly sweet, and have a hint of coffee that gives it a complexity of flavour.
Banana Chocolate Muffins
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
120g almond meal*
- 60g brown rice flour*
- 40g tapioca starch*
- 70g coconut sugar*
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa powder*
- 2 tsp ground coffee*
- 1 tsp baking powder*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/8 tsp pink salt*
- 100g ripe banana
- 40 non-dairy chocolate chips or chunks*
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil* (or vegetable oil*)
- 2 Tbsp. flax meal (or ground 1 Tbsp. flaxseeds* with a coffee mill)
- 80ml soy milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar*
*Available at Naked Foods
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C. Line a muffin tin.
- Make vegan buttermilk: in a small cup, mix soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place flaxseed meal and 4 Tbsp. water. Mix well and set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
- In the same bowl, add banana and mash with a fork. Mix well.
- Add ground coffee, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- Add vegan buttermilk (from step 2) and mix well.
- Add almond meal, rice flour, tapioca starch, chocolate chips, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between the 6 muffin cups. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake at 200⁰C for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the muffin tin to a lower rack, and bake it for 5 more minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it sit for a few hours as they taste better after completely cooling down. Enjoy!
Have you guys made any of our recipes? Share your creations with us by tagging @nakedfoods or leaving a comment below! And don't forget to check out @365cleaneats for more stunning food photos and recipes.