Vegan and nut free chocolate crackles that won't make you feel guilty this Easter!
Vegan Chocolate Crackles
Brittany Darling, Accredited Nutritionist + Herbalist - @wholefoodhealing
Vegan, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free
Makes approx. 15 mini crackles.
1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil*, melted
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup cacao powder*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder* or 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- Pinch of sea salt*
- 1 1/2 cups of puffed brown rice*
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut*
- 1/2 cup activated buckwheat groats (buckinis)*
*available at Naked Foods
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla and salt to a bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Add in the shredded coconut, puffed rice and buckinis and stir until all the everything is well coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into mini cupcake cases, or press the mixture into a greased baking tray. Move to the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- Once they are set they can be stored in the fridge or freezer.