Whip up these simple pancakes for dinner or lunch - light, tasty and perfect for using up leftover proteins!
Vietnamese Pancake With Sweet Chilli Sauce
Recipe by Brittany Darling, Accredited Nutritionist + Herbalist.
Dairy Free & Vegan (Optional)
IngredientsFor the pancake:
- 1 1/4 cups of rice flour*
- 2 tsp cornflour*
- 1 tsp turmeric powder*
- 1 pinch of salt*
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- Coconut oil* for cooking
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of Tamari* or soy sauce
- 2 tsp coconut sugar*
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Daikon radish
- Bean sprouts
- Spring onions
- Protein of choice (tofu cubes, tempeh slices, fried or hard-boiled eggs, pork, beef or shredded chicken).
*available at Naked Foods
Add all the pancake ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Once the batter has sat for 30 minutes, add some coconut oil to a large frying pan and bring it to high heat.
- Pour a ladle of the batter into the pan, swirling around to coat the base and slightly up the sides of the pan. Let the batter cook for about 5 minutes, or until it is crispy round the sides and golden on the base.
- Remove from the heat, scatter with your chosen fillings and then fold in half.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter and ingredients.
- Just before serving, drizzle with the sauce.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!