Who doesn't love a new twist on a classic?
Lara Delilah's Vegan Choc Chip Cookies are perfect for winter in our opinion - soft, chewy and totally cruelty free. So grab your blankets and get the kettle going, this one is going to be great to curl up by the fire with.
The key ingredient in here is linseed (aka flaxseed - same thing, different name!), which serves as a vegan egg replacement.
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (try buckwheat or quinoa flour)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ground linseeds+ 3 tbsp rice milk
- ¼ cup rice milk
- ¼ tbsp vanilla powder
- ½ tsp stevia (optional)
- ¾ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Combine the linseed and the rice milk in a small bowl and let set for a few minutes
- Place butter, coconut sugar, peanut butter, rice milk, stevia, vanilla powder, salt in a medium bowl and whisk until everything is well combined. Add the linseed mixture and whisk again.
- Combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder in another bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the wet mixture and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Do not overmix, but rather combine - you can use your hands for this!
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips in the batter.
- With your hands form 10-12 discs on a greased baking tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- They will look very soft once you take them out but they will harden once cooled down.