This rich and creamy curry is another beautiful winter warmer - perfect served with your choice of protein and veggies and a side of naan bread!
If you like this, you'll also love:
Tomato and Cashew Curry
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium onion(150g), chopped
- 1 small carrot (120g), chopped
- 150g butternut squash, chopped
- 60g roasted or raw cashews* (soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and rinsed)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cherry tomato can (or normal tomato can)
- 240-360 ml coconut milk ( or more to taste)
- 120ml water
- 2-2.5 Tbsp. curry powder* (or more to taste)
- 1.5-2 Tbsp. maple syrup*
- 1 Tbsp tamari* or soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp pink salt*
- 1.5 tsp smoked sweet paprika*
- 1/4 tsp garam masala*
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder*
- Your choice of protein (such as chickpeas or tofu)
- Rice, naan, or bread
- Fresh coriander leaves
*Available at Naked Foods
- In a medium pot, sauté onion and 2 cloves sliced garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil for a few minutes. Add a pinch of pink salt and continue to sauté until they become tender.
- Add paprika, garam masala, coriander powder, curry powder, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir constantly for a few minutes.
- Add pumpkin and carrot. Continue to heat for a few more minutes.
- Add tomato, water, maple syrup, salt, and tamari, and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 30 minutes over low hear.
- In a blender, place everything from the pot, plus 2 cloves garlic, cashew nuts, and blend well. Place it to back the pot.
- Add 240-360 mL coconut milk according to your preference. Heat it for 5 minutes over low-medium heat. It‘s easy to burn, so be careful.
- Add your choice of protein and heat it until warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh coriander and rice, naan, or bread.
Have you guys made any of our recipes? Share your creations with us by tagging @nakedfoods or leaving a comment below! And don't forget to check out @365cleaneats for more stunning food photos and recipes.