We're all about sneaking healthy wholefood ingredients into sweet treats - the perfect trick to nourish fussy kids!
If you like these sneaky brownies, you're going to love these:
Sneaky Black Bean Brownies
Recipe by Brittany Darling, Accredited Nutritionist + Herbalist.
Vegetarian, Dairy-Free (optional), Gluten-Free, Nut Free (Optional).
Overnight soak, 20 minutes prep, 35 minutes cooking.
- 1.5 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight*
- 6 organic free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar*
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder*
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter*, butter or coconut oil*, melted
- Pinch of salt*
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts* (omit this for nut-free lunch boxes!)
*available at Naked Foods
- Rinse the black beans and place in a large bowl, covered with water. Leave to soak overnight (or for a minimum of 12 hours).
- Once ready to cook, strain and rinse the black beans and boil until cooked (approximately 45 minutes), making sure there is always plenty of water in the pan.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a food processor, add eggs and coconut sugar. Beat until doubled in volume.
- Add beans, salt, cocoa powder and butter/oil. Blitz until combined.
- Pour into a brownie tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle top with macadamias and salt - omit the macadamias for nut-free lunch boxes!
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. You want them to still to be moist and gooey.
Let us know what you think by sharing your creations with #nakedfoods and @nakedfoods, or leave a comment below!